Monday, February 8, 2010

Its Feeding Time

I have come to realize, by reading other peoples blogs that Gracie should probably know how to spoon feed herself.  Its all my fault that she has never even gotten the opportunity to try because I'm a little OCD when it comes to this…. knowing that its just going to be a huge mess.  So tonight I gave her a chance to finally learn.  IT WAS A HUGE MESS!! I gave her some applesauce in a bowl, well she kind of tried using the spoon for a split second, then realized she could get it done way faster by using her hands and just licking the bowl.  She is such a funny little thing.  And I'm going to be better about helping her master this technique!

IMG_1983 IMG_1981

IMG_1985

and these pictures don’t do the mess justice, since it was applesauce and the color kind of blends in… but believe me it was, so much so she had to have a bath afterwards.

2 comments:

  1. ummm bernie can't spoon feed herself. she holds the spoon in one hand and eats with the other...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I was just reading about teaching your children how to eat and the book I read recommends that you let them play with spoons in the bath or during playtime so they can get used to handling them. Who knows, it might help.

    ReplyDelete